Sunday, December 21, 2008

Manchester United FIFA Club World Cup Champions!!



The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory! Man U winners, one nil over Ecuador's Liga de Quito!









This never gets old for me, not one bit. Since 1995 I have seen many special moments for Manchester United Football Club. Without fail every time they reach a cup final the emotion stirs up inside my 26 year old bones. The pains of defeat bring tears of sorrow (i.e. FA CUP Final 2007 watching all alone). But nothing is like the exaltation of victory! Never again in my natural life had I believed that my most cherished football club would win 3 major trophies in one season. All that know me well know that the treble* of 1999 is something that I will never ever let go. But to see one of England's most storied sides win yet another triple (3 is my favorite number as well) REMARKABLE! Again I watch alone with the tears welling up even as I write this, a special moment I share with Manchester United Fans worldwide. VICTORY! GLORY, GLORY MAN UNITED! 2008 Premier League Champions, 2008 European Champions, and now 2008 FIFA Club World Cup Champions!





Wayne Rooney is something special. He was on point for the entire match stepping up his game to solidify his place with the United legends. The matchwinner.



*: 1999 (domestic) treble is actually a quadruple (1999 Premier League Winners, FA Cup Winners, UEFA Champions League Winners, Intercontinental Cup Winners)